The Nissan NV200 is a light commercial vehicle that has humbly made its mark as a 4-5 door van for leisure activity. The vehicle was first unveiled at the Tokyo Motor show in 2007 and reached production in 2009 for the public. When released, the NV200 was available in Combi and passenger style models and was itself a modified version of Nissan’s B Platform.
Throughout the years the Nissan NV200 has seen different models that were sometimes region exclusive, such as India’s Nissan Evalia that was in production for 5 years. The NV200 has had its hand in the taxi market as well with having made prototypes to appeal to New York City and to the London metro areas. It has seen many changes throughout its production and even has a fully electric model that was in production from 2014 – 2018.
Awards and Recognition
- New York City’s Taxi of Tomorrow
- Professional Van and Light Truck Magazine Van of the Year 2010
- 2010 International Van of the Year Award
- ‘Green’ category at What Van? Awards 2019
NV200 Customer Reviews
Overall, the Nissan NV200 has earned mostly positive reviews. Below is a sampling of what some owners / operators had to say:
- “Great van MPG average 26.5 mpg, I use it for daily driver & camping trips.”
– 5 stars (2019 Nissan NV200)
- “…Replaced 2013 with 2019 and found it essentially unchanged. Totally satisfied but opted not to include power mirrors, remote locks and GPS. Miss the convenience of remote access, but never needed GPS and after first setting mirrors, didn’t need power adjust or heaters. Still meets all my cargo needs.”
– 4 stars (2019 Nissan NV200)
- “Unfortunately we bought 4 Nissan NV200s. Transmission went out in the oldest NV200 already, and I’m still making payments on the vehicle. You cannot easily rebuild this transmission. Had to purchase a whole new one because of how they are built. Sorry Nissan, if Toyota had a cargo van, I would buy a Toyota to replace the NV200.”
– 1 star (2015 Nissan NV200)
- “The NV 200 is based on a car platform. It feels more like a car than a truck. It has good fuel economy, easily makes tight turns, and has a lot of holes pre-drilled in the interior (so you can install racks and stuff without the need to drill)…The engine is underpowered, the voice command system is useless, the audio system is archaic, and the tires feel flimsy. Good and reliable city van — not so good for highway driving.”
– 3 stars (2015 Nissan NV200)
Nissan NV200 High Mileage Stories
A Nissan NV200 is more than able to get you where you want to go for years if you give it the right treatment. Regular maintenance with a knowledgeable mechanic and replacing parts as they go is essential if you want to keep your Nissan NV200 as it climbs into what is considered a high mileage. There are many examples of high mileage Nissan NV200, such as here where forum users discuss their numbers that include an impressive 128,000 miles. There are also examples of YouTube videos, such as this one where an owner shows off his Nissan NV200 with a respectable 86,000 miles.
Keeping your Nissan NV200 Running
Chances are, if you’re purchasing a cargo van like the Nissan NV200, then you have important work to do with it. Whether you’re using your van for your business, such as a taxi or plumbing service or transporting your family, you want to make sure your van is reliable and safe. We’ve compiled some maintenance tips below so you can keep your van running for years.
- Have your oil changed every 3,000 to 5,000 miles. This is also a good time to check the overall health of your vehicle’s engine to make sure everything looks good.
- Rotate your tires about every 5,000 to 7,5000 miles and replace them every 25,000 to 50,000 miles. Making sure your tires are evenly worn and changed when needed will help reduce wear and tear on your engine.
- Wash your vehicle at least once a month or more often if needed. Not only will this help keep a good impression if you are using your van for commercial purposes, keeping dirt debris and rust off your vehicle will also prevent that debris from getting into your engine and potentially doing some harm.
- Check for leaks frequently. If you’re experiencing any issues with fluids leaking from your vehicle, that could indicate a more serious problem and you may need your cylinder head replaced. Have your vehicle inspected by a mechanic immediately should you find any leaks.
- Listen to your vehicle while you’re driving. If it’s making any unusual noises, there could be an issue under the hood that you missed. Take your vehicle to a mechanic if you hear any unusual noises such as clicks or whistles.
Importance of Cylinder Heads in a Nissan NV200 (or any commercial vehicle)
Cylinder heads are an essential part of your vehicle. The heads are the main hub of fluid exchanges in your engine. In short, cylinder heads ensure that your engine operates in good health. Found on the top of the cylinder block on the engine, this combustion chamber can house components such as the valves, spark plugs, and fuel injectors. It also has intake and exhaust valves to let the air escape as well as holes to allow coolant from the radiator and oil to flow through to the engine.
If your cylinder head is damaged, then in a worst-case scenario it could mean a total engine replacement. If you have any symptoms of a cracked cylinder head, such as fluid leaks or signs of overheating, then have your vehicle inspected immediately. If your cylinder head becomes cracked, warped, or otherwise damaged, then it’s important to have it replaced with a new high-quality cylinder head to avoid more costly repairs in the future and to keep your vehicle running safely.
Buy NV200 Replacement Heads @ Clearwater Cylinder Heads
Clearwater Cylinder Head looks forward to serving you. If you notice anything wrong with your cylinder heads or need a replacement, then we are happy to help with incredible product expertise and cylinder head selection. With over 25 years of experience and a massive catalog of heads, we are your best option for all of your cylinder head needs. Feel free to contact Clearwater Cylinder Head Inc. toll-free at 1-800-572-1963 to place an order over the phone. Website ordering is also available. See compatible NV200 product page below: