From battlefields to driveways, soldiers to civilians, Jeeps have provided a reliable vehicle for the American people. Their innovative approach to designing a vehicle to Go Anywhere, Do Anything® proves how they continue to set the standard in the industry. Just alone in 2021, Jeep has received an impressive collection of awards and recognitions.
Throughout the generations of Jeep models, the brand continues to pair durability with its adventurous legacy. In the same way, Clearwater Cylinder Head aims to provide our customers with the same durability through our cylinder heads. Learn about the legacy of the Jeep and options for replacing Jeep cylinder heads below!
While Jeeps are one of the most recognizable vehicles on the streets today, they used to be the most recognizable vehicle on the battlefields. At the start of the 1940s, the American Army called upon 135 automakers to tailor a vehicle made specifically for the war. Out of the 135 automakers, only three responded–Ford, Bantams, and Willy’s. Up until this point, Jeep had not coined its famous name yet, so Willy’s was the name of the brand. Within a year of designing prototypes, the first Jeep, known as the Willy’s Quad, was ready for testing. After attempts to reduce the weight, the American Army was battlefield ready with the Willy’s MB.
Throughout World War II, the MB was able to replace horse and motorcycle transportation. The Jeep was described to be, “America’s greatest contribution to modern warfare,” by General George C. Marshall, US Army Chief of Staff during World War II (Jeep® History in the 1940s). Jeep provided American soldiers with a reliable vehicle that could withhold all types of terrain. No matter the climate–desert, snow, rock, fire, water– the MB was equipped for every adventure. The Jeep slogan of Go Anywhere, Do Anything® was embedded in every element of their military vehicle. Want to learn more about the Jeep’s influence on American military history? Watch the video below for a great video summary of the Jeep history on the battlefields.
From Farmlands to Driveways
Following its modern warfare contributions in World War II and the Korean War, Jeeps had officially met the civilian driveway. The first civilian Jeep Brand vehicle (CJ) swapped military activity for farm activity. The CJ aimed to be of service to farmers who did not have a truck or tractor. The CJ-2A “Universal” provided additional help for industrial transportation. While maintaining its reliable and innovative brand, the Jeep developed its first All-Steel Station Wagon. Unlike many competitors, Willy’s Wagon was not prone to weathering and still provided a working vehicle.
In a Jeep-like manner, the brand began venturing out into work, play, recreation, and luxuriously capable transportation. By the 1970s, the Jeep had reintroduced its 4×4 generation of vehicles while sticking to its adventurous roots. The 1980s introduced additional model types like its first compact 4-door SUV model. The public’s enthusiasm for SUVs grew as Jeep released its balanced outdoor lifestyle vehicle, Grand Cherokee. Out of all the models of Jeep, the Jeep Grand Cherokee still remains to be the most successful in sales for the brand. Following in its success, comes the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. Even today, the Wrangler Rubicon can be noticed on the streets by its top-down, doors-off experience.
Jeep has always set the standards when it came to the 4×4 generation of vehicles. Jeep has recently reintroduced pickup trucks back into its model lineup through the Gladiator. Throughout all the models and changes in Jeep, the brand has always stayed true to its embodiment of durability, adventure, and experience.
What’s Next for Jeep?
As the Jeep brand continues to add more generations of models, it will continue to update and remodel some of its pastime favorites. The Wrangler, Renegade, Compass, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, Gladiator, and Wagoneer have some exciting 2022 updates geared to improve its aesthetic, comfort, safety, and technology. The Jeep brand has remained one of the most standout vehicles because they continue to improve their older models. Its versatile ride and attractive design continue to make Jeep a long standing favorite.
For 80+ years, the Jeep brand has impacted not only automobile history but American history through its service. Its slogan, Go Anywhere, Do Anything®, continues to link adventure with freedom to all of its drivers. Jeep will only continue to further what has already been in the making for 80 years.
2021 Jeep Awards and Recognition
We limited the impressive list of Jeep awards and recognition to 2021 since we would run out of room if we listed every year. Let that be a representation of how Jeep has continued to provide a safe, durable, affordable, and adventurous vehicle to its customers for over 80 years of business.
- “2021 Most Patriotic Brand” for the 19th consecutive year by the Brand Keys survey.
- 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe plug-in hybrid awarded “Green Car Journal Green SUV of the Year™”.
- 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe plug-in hybrid awarded “AutoTech Breakthrough Awards Hybrid Technology Solution of the Year”.
- 2021 Jeep Wrangler non-hybrid awarded “Off-Road SUV of Texas” for the 11th consecutive year.
- 2021 Jeep Wrangler awarded “Lowest 5-Year Cost to Own Award in Off-Road SUV segment” by Kelley Blue Book.
- 2021 Jeep Wrangler awarded “Best Resale Value Award in the Off-Road SUV segment for the 3rd year in a row” by Kelley Blue Book.
- 2021 Jeep Wrangler awarded “1 of the 10 Best Overall Resale Values for the 11th Year in a row”.
- 2021 Jeep Gladiator awarded “Kelley Blue Book’s list of 10 Best Overall Resale Values”.
- 2021 Jeep Gladiator awarded “Mid-size Pickup Truck class winner” at the annual New England Motor Press Association (NEMPA) winter vehicle competition.
- 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee received a 5-star overall safety rating by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee awarded “AutoPacific Vehicle Satisfaction Award” in the Mid-Size SUV/ORV category.
Let’s see how well you know the Jeep market in our trivia!
- Q: Who is the current leader in Jeep markets?
- A: North America, specifically the United States, is the leader in sales for Jeeps.
- Q: Which continent has the most Jeep selling countries?
- A: Trick Question! You would think it is also North America, but actually, it is Europe. Nearly half of Jeep selling countries are in Europe (40 countries).
- Q: In 2016, Jeep became the first gasoline-powered American-brand passenger vehicle to qualify for which country’s eco-car tax incentive?
- Q: Which State Has the Most Jeep Wranglers?
- A: According to research done by Hedges & Company, the state with the most Jeep Wranglers and Wrangler Unlimited is New York followed by Texas and California (JEEP DEMOGRAPHICS: INCOME, AGE, GENDER AND MORE).
Jeep Cylinder Heads
Although Jeeps are designed to endure all types of terrain, like any vehicle, cylinder head repairs are inevitable. In order to reduce the number of repairs and the longevity of a Jeep cylinder head, it is recommended to follow these tips below.
- Maintain Clean Oil. This will eliminate any contamination or dirt from clogging your filters.
- Regular Cylinder Head Inspections. Even with the most cautious care, cylinder heads can undergo damage over time. By getting regular inspections, your mechanic can spot any symptoms early on.
- Top off Lube Oil. In order to decrease friction and properly function, a cylinder head needs to have enough lubrication. Get in the habit of checking your lube oil to ensure it is topped off.
Clearwater Cylinder Head can provide your Jeep with a top-quality cylinder head. One of the most popular vehicles we get in our shop are Jeeps. We have over 25+ years of professional experience repairing and refurbishing Jeep cylinder heads, in addition to all other cylinder heads.
Want to know what a cylinder head replacement looks like under time-lapse? Click the video below to find out!
Buy Replacement Heads for Jeeps at Clearwater Cylinder Head
With over 50,000 happy clients and 25+ years of business, Clearwater Cylinder Head prioritizes customer satisfaction through our top-quality cylinder heads. Just like the Jeep models, we are all about producing a reliable product that allows you to Go Anywhere, Do Anything®. Our employees are dedicated to manufacturing, inspecting, restoring, and replacing cylinder heads on all vehicles. If your Jeep needs a replacement cylinder head, then Clearwater Cylinder Head is the place to call. Our team is happy to assist you with any questions regarding cylinder head selection.
Please call us to inquire about new cylinder heads for your Jeep model by calling us toll-free at 1-800-572-1963. We look forward to serving you!
Top Selling Jeep Cylinder Heads
Recent Jeep Cylinder Heads Customer Rave
“Purchased heads for my 2000 Cherokee XJ Sport. It’s been a great replacement for my old cracked 331 head. I will definitely buy from them again, and recommend them to fellow Jeepers.” – wallygatar (June 18, 2021)